WIN! A sponsorship of £250 for your school
To mark the national event by Keep Britain Tidy, we’re planning a whole week of clean-ups from Monday 27th Feb – Sunday 5th March.
If you want to get involved in your community and win a £250 prize donated from a local business then here’s how you can win:
- Organise a clean-up or litter pick during the week 27th Feb – 5th March
- Take photos of your school doing the spring clean
- Write no more than 200 words about what your school did and how it made a difference to your local area
- Email Ellen Hardaker on firstname.lastname@example.org with your 100 words and a photo of your activity by Friday 31st March
All schools who enter the competition will go into a prize draw and four schools will win.
Thanks to JJ Harrison, Express IT, Breeze Digital and Office Bay who are the sponsors.
Contact Ellen for more information: email@example.com
Good luck and happy spring cleaning!
Terms and conditions
Prize Draw Rules
Wigan Borough Council of Town Hall, Library Street, Wigan WN1 1YN (“the Council”) is operating the Prize Draw on the basis of the following rules.
- The prize draw is open to all schools within the borough of Wigan who submit a 100 word summary and photo via email as evidence of them taking part in the Great British Spring Clean. There is no other route of entry.
- The prize is 4x £250 sponsorship from JJ Harrison, Express IT, Breeze Digital and Office Bay and is non-transferable.
- All correct and eligible entries will be entered into the prize draw. Four winners will be selected at random from the prize draw.
- The draw will be made on Monday 3rd April 2017. In addition to the four winners, four further numbers will be drawn and the order in which they were drawn recorded. These further numbers shall comprise in relation to each winner the “substitute pool”.
- The identity of each winner will be ascertained by the Council using their email address.
- Each winner will be notified by the council by email or phone within 14 days of the Draw.
- If a winner does not confirm acceptance of the prize within 30 days, or if it is found that the winner is ineligible, then that winner will be considered to have forfeited the prize and the Council will be entitled to contact the first number recorded as drawn out of the four further numbers drawn by way of the substitute pool relevant to that winner (“1st alternative winner”). The 1st alternative winner shall have 14 days from notification of their status by the Council to confirm their acceptance of the prize by phone, letter or email (“alternate confirmation”). If the 1st alternate winner is found to be ineligible, or does not provide alternate confirmation, this process is to be repeated in the same way until an eligible winner out of the substitute pool is identified; failing which no prize will be awarded in that instance.
- The winnerswill participate in a photoshoot to publicise the competition.
- Each winner will receive their prize within 30days of the draw date.
- The transfer of the £250 will be a direct transaction between the school and the business.
- The name of the winners will be available in writing from the Council 60 days after the prize draw.
- The Council will not be liable in any way if an entrant enters the prize draw unlawfully and such entrants will be considered to be ineligible.
- These rules and the operation of the Prize Draw are governed by the laws of England.
*Terms and conditions at www.wigan.gov.uk